In 1998, the Brinly Hardy warehouse which was originally a freight train depot was converted by KNBA and Martin DiNitto with HNTB to become the Louisville Slugger Field. We are currently renovating the stadium with Martin DiNitto of Ballpark Associates, the Louisville Bats and the City of Louisville.
This renovation is under construction and will reinvigorate the stadium and will include:
- Two new bars in the outfield. The Triple Play Bar also serves as a social area.
- An expanded kids area, adding to what already was a notable commitment to family entertainment. The four-tiered lawn seating is in the right-field corner.
- New free-standing shade structures along the 3rd base line
- A widened concourse.
- Extended netting.
- Three new LED videoboards.
- The removal of bleachers, opening up space for these improvements.
- A new premium seating area, the On Deck Club, was installed behind home plate, with padded theatre-style seats. The front row of the new seats is just 50 feet from the batter.