K. Norman Berry Associates Architects was formed in 1971, as the direct successor firm of Oberwarth Associates established in 1895. C. Julian Oberwarth (1900-1983) was the first registered architect in Kentucky and was instrumental in the passage of state legislation to credential architects. Norman Berry, the Principal Emeritus, with partners Jim Burris and Milton Thompson, began practice in Frankfort, Kentucky in 1965 when the three purchased Oberwarth Associates.
In 1971, the partners reorganized and Mr. Berry opened K. Norman Berry Associates, moving the office to Louisville. In 1995, Steve Eggers was named a principal. Robert Haffermann and Edwin Krebs were named principals in 2006. Harry Dumesnil and Christopher Fuller were named principals in 2014. Currently, the firm has twelve registered architects, eight LEED registered and four designers. The firm has been recognized with numerous awards including an AIA National Design Award, six AIA Kentucky Design Awards and seven Preservation Awards.